The West Haven Chamber of Commerce and DMV Express will be closed the week of March 16 and March 23rd as City Hall will be closed to the public.
The city will re-evaluate the situation at the end of March.
* We will continue our operation as a business leader through phone, our website and social media.
* We are cancelling or postponing events through April. We will evaluate May events in the days ahead.
* We will continue to provide information to our members via eblast and email.
Courtesy City of West Haven
It will be very important to immediately begin taking extra cleaning and hygiene preventive measures. It is highly recommended that you continue to regularly clean all surfaces such as tables, chairs, menus, countertops, toilet facilities, and even door handles. Wiping down tables, chairs and menus (for food establishments) after each customer is strongly encouraged.
Additionally, all employees who are sick should stay home.
The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to the coronavirus. The West Haven Health Department encourages everyone to practice good hygiene and to follow the precautions below to prevent illnesses, such as influenza and the virus that causes COVID-19.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are unavailable.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue.
• Routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• If you suspect you have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus, please contact your health provider.
For additional information on cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and EPA 's registered antimicrobial products for use against novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit: CDC recommended Disinfectants
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please call the Health Department at (203) 937-3660.
City of West Haven
WHPD Business Outreach
The West Haven Police Department actively seeks concerns and feedback from local businesses regarding issues in their area. We also provide useful information to keep your business safe and welcoming in the City of West Haven. The Community Resource Officers serve a key role in regards to developing a connection between your business and the police department to address any issues or concerns you may have.